Friday, September 18, 2015

Joys of Writing


Writing has always been a part of my life. When I was just a child I loved to write poetry. The musical cadence to the rhymes were soothing to me and I used to hum along as I wrote each line. If I had been able to read and write music I may have written a song with all the poetry I created over the years.



Music is what started me wanting to write poetry. To me music is poetry in motion. I spent many hours listening to the radio and singing along and harmonizing with the singers. I had dreams of becoming a famous singer at one time but it was not to be. The only place I got to sing professionally for six months was with the Profile Chorus which is part of the Sweet Adeline’s International Chorus.

Though I still love to sing, writing became my passion. I write every day in some form, blogging, and letters to friends on social media, promoting my books, and last but most important is when I am working on a new story or editing an old one.

It is vital to incorporate some joy into one’s daily life. I am fortunate, thanks to God, to have found that joy in writing. When I was in school my teachers never had to force me to write a story, for there was always a story in my head waiting to come out. I remember all the moans and groans from the rest of the classes when an instructor mentioned an essay. I, on the other hand, felt excited to begin the task, or, should I say, the fun.

Writing opened doors to me that have never been opened before. Being an author has been my dream and to fulfill that dream is beyond my wildest imagination. I didn’t realize my dream until I retired from working as an administrative secretary in a school system. Now I take extreme pleasure in watching children enjoying my books. I write to share my words with children of all ages and adults, too. My talented husband, John, is my illustrator and cover creator and I feel blessed to have him by my side through all our books

When I write I pass from one idea to the next and each idea has a new door and a new place to explore. There is much to enjoy as each new door opens and reveals what is behind it. Sometimes there is fantasy; other times there is mystery or a young children’s animal story. It is a pure joy to discover what there is to learn and grow from each new writing experience. With each book that I create I feel that I am growing stronger and more resilient with my writing. I am sure there is much more to come and improvement along the way with God’s help. Multiple stories simultaneously run around in my head and I can’t keep them straight. I must write them down as soon as I possibly can or they will be lost to be replaced by others. 

Like my motto says: Reading Gives You Wings to Fly! When I write I soar! I wish for all readers to read and have fun discovering the joy inside the stories that I create.

 
On my blog I try to create interesting posts that share my joy in writing. On my website I showcase my books for all ages. It is of the utmost importance that parents spend some time every day reading to their children; thus encouraging them to become readers themselves. My goal is to inspire children to read and by doing so hope to enable children to learn to love reading. This love of reading will empower them to one day become more successful and grow into happy, healthy and contented adults


Below are the links to my books: 

Book 2 coming soon!
Novel 18+ - Hunting Mariah
Newest children’s book - Sebastian Meets Marvin the Monkey



Blessings and love to all! 
Janice Spina

No comments:

Post a Comment